Have you ever tried to mix the North Indian dish with south indian flavor.. Well this is my experiment with flavors which came out very well and liked by every one.. So guys here presenting my Kadhi with southern twist..!!
1 cup beaten curd
1 tsp Besan
1/2 tsp haldi (Turmeric)
1/2 tsp Rai (Mustard seeds)
1/2 tsp jeera (Cumin Seeds)
1/4 tsp Hing
1/2 tsp Methi seeds
1 tsp Ginger Garlic paste (optional)
few curry leaves
1 tsp chopped green chilles
2 tsp sambhar masala
1 tsp sugar (optional)
salt to taste
1 tbsp Oil
1. In a blender mix the curd and besan with one glass of water to form a smooth paste.
2. In a pan heat some oil and add the hing, rai, jeera and methi seeds. Once they crackle, add the curry leaves and chopped green chillies.
3. Now add our curd and besan mix and stir continuously to avoid any lumps.
4. Add the turmeric powder and salt as per taste.
5. Bring the kadhi to boil and now add the sambhar masala and sugar( if you like sweet kadhi).
6. Let the kadhi boil for 4-5 min.
7. Your Kadhi with southern twist is ready to serve. You can have it with rotis,rice, khichadi, upma and also with Dal ki Kachori.